Featuring winner of the ChefsBest Quality in Craft Award, Betsy's Best Gourmet Almond Butter
Jump into fall with these warm, crisp Apple Hand Pies. Enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee or tea for just the right pairing!
- 1½ c peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp all-purpose or gluten free flour
- ¼ c sugar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 T Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter with Cinnamon
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 1/8 tsp apple pie spice
- 10 sheets phyllo dough
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 c plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- In medium bowl, mix apples, lemon juice, Betsy’s Best Gourmet Almond Butter, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface; lightly coat with cooking spray. Top with another sheet; spray top. Cut lengthwise into three 3-inch-wide strips. Mound 1 heaping tablespoon filling at the end of 1 strip, about 1 inch from corner. Fold 1 corner of phyllo diagonally across filling to opposite edge to form triangle. Continue to fold triangle onto itself to end of strip. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and filling and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place pies seam side down on prepared sheet; spray tops with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix salt and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice; sprinkle over pies.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
- For topping, stir together yogurt and maple syrup. Serve pies.
Recipe and photo sourced from betsysbest.com.
We don’t take our role of defining America's best-tasting foods lightly. Learn more about the detailed agenda our panel follows during a tasting. Explore a step-by-step guide of our proprietary judging process.Read More +
Our team of judges is the secret ingredient in our proprietary process. Check out the rigorous training each member of our panel undergoes and get to know a few of our executive-level chef judges.Read More +
Our ChefsBest Award winners promote their accolades in a number of ways to shoppers and grocers. Find out how recipients share the news in store and through efforts like POP, FSIs and direct mail.Read More +