Featuring winner of the ChefsBest Best Taste Award, Maille Dijon Original Mustard
Are you not quite sure what to do with the cucumber sitting in your fridge? Try this simple recipe to get some tasty relish out of it!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of Maille white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Maille Dijon original mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Grate the cucumber into a strainer, cup the grated cucumber in your palms, and squeeze to release excess liquids. Sprinkle with the sea salt and let sit for 5 mins.
- Squeeze the excess liquid out again, place into a sterilized glass jar, mix the vinegar with the mustard and add to the jar. Add the garlic and dill. Seal and place in fridge for 2 weeks.
- After the 2 weeks, drain a tbsp. of the mixture and add to 100ml of strained Greek yoghurt for a fresh tzatziki dip.
Tip: Keep the cucumber juice and use in a salad dressing
Serving suggestion: Serve pickled cucumber tzatziki with warm sourdough bread
Recipe and image sourced from maille.com.
We don’t take our role of defining America's best-tasting foods lightly. Learn more about the detailed agenda our panel follows during a tasting. Explore a step-by-step guide of our proprietary judging process.Read More +
Our team of judges is the secret ingredient in our proprietary process. Check out the rigorous training each member of our panel undergoes and get to know a few of our executive-level chef judges.Read More +
Our ChefsBest Award winners promote their accolades in a number of ways to shoppers and grocers. Find out how recipients share the news in store and through efforts like POP, FSIs and direct mail.Read More +