Featuring winner of the ChefsBest Excellence Award, GOYA®
GOYA’s award-winning green olives provide pizzazz to this savory favorite.
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tbsp. GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 jar (6.5 oz.) GOYA Fancy Sliced Pimientos, drained
- 1 jar (3.75 oz.) GOYA Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, drained
- 1 tbsp. GOYA Capers
- 1 tsp. GOYA Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 oz.) baguette, cut into ½” slices
- Fresh cilantro springs (optional)
- In bowl of food processor, combine 2 tbsp. olive oil, pimientos, olives, capers and garlic. Pulse 10 times, or until ingredients mix and develop a chunky consistency. Transfer tapenade to bowl; stir in cilantro and season with adobo. Cover bowl; set in refrigerator until ready to use. (Note: tapenade mixture can be stored, covered, for up to 3 days).
- To toast bread, heat 2 tbsp.oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bread to pan. Toast until golden brown and crisp on both sides, flipping once, 3-4 minutes, adding oil in 1 tbsp. measure when pan becomes dry.
- To serve, arrange toast on plate. Evenly divide tapenade over toasts. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe and photo sourced from www.goya.com.
We don’t take our role of defining America's best-tasting foods lightly. Learn more about the detailed agenda our panel follows during a tasting. Explore a step-by-step guide of our proprietary judging process.Read More +
Our team of judges is the secret ingredient in our proprietary process. Check out the rigorous training each member of our panel undergoes and get to know a few of our executive-level chef judges.Read More +
Our ChefsBest Award winners promote their accolades in a number of ways to shoppers and grocers. Find out how recipients share the news in store and through efforts like POP, FSIs and direct mail.Read More +